Great response to last week’s question regarding the most pressing issue you have in Small & Micro Hydro. See last week’s Small & Micro hydropower question post and comments here.
This weeks Small Hydro Question for You -
This week I have another Small & Micro hydropower question for you to consider and answer. The following list is a grouping of ‘SmallHydro‘ blog topics regarding Small & Micro Hydroelectric site survey and development procedures. We will cover these more extensively during future SmallHydro.com blog posts.
Please let us know in the comments for this post if any of these topics are pressing issues for you right now, and in what order you would like to see them covered. That will give us an idea of the best priority order in which to cover these topics for you in more detail.
12 Small & Micro Hydropower Topics for Discussion:
- Power needs for your regional site area
- Hydraulic pressure measurement, Head measurement & estimation
- Stream flow or “Q” measurement & estimation
- Hydrology & Flow Duration Curve (FDC) creation
- Penstock, Power-house, channels, weirs, trash-racks, pipelines, power-lines, etc. (infrastructure)
- Power calculations from Q-flow & head to kW-hours
- Regulations and hydropower licensing issues
- Turbine & control choices, types and equipment sources
- Hydropower overall system engineering evaluation (including engineering resources)
- Financial ROI & $ risks
- Field site measurements & methods
- Hydropower integrated summary of project (planning & optimization of your hydro system design)
That about sums up the topic areas. Now please let us know; What do you need for developing your Hydropower site or improving your understanding of Small & Micro Hydropower?